PFS Cash PosterDate posted Mar. 26, 2020 Job ID 15708 The Villages, Florida, United States Facility/Department The Villages Regional Hospital/Patient Financial Services Shift Full-Time, 8 hr day shift, 40.00 Schedule Full-Time Apply Apply Later
Position Title: PFS Cash Poster
Essential Functions: The Cash Poster is responsible for retrieving, posting, balancing, and reconciling all internal & external payments timely and accurately to the patient’s account. Interprets and analyzes remittance advices and handles high volume of payment transactions. Prepares bank deposit slips for counter payments received on a daily basis. Balances cash payment batches to bank credits/deposits received at designated bank accounts. Ensures the accuracy of all payment transactions by monitoring and reporting any discrepancies, rejections, returned transactions, unapplied payments, missing remits or payment supports, delays and trends to Management and the Accounting Department for appropriate tracking and resolution. Strives to ensure all cash and bank credits received are posted on a daily basis to meet departmental goals.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post High School Special Training (Preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED (Required)
Special Skills/Qualifications/Additional Training/Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years previous cash management or patient accounting/bookkeeping experience in a banking or business office setting preferably within a healthcare environment
- ERA Retrieval & Data Upload
- Knowledge of follow-up and payment recovery techniques.
- Cash Posting, Cash Balancing and Bank Reconciliation, Preparation of Bank Deposits, E-Cashiering Accounts Receivable, Insurance and Third Party Follow Up
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Accurate data entry skills, knowledge of internet processes, electronic data interchange, websites, software and adding machines
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Central Florida Health (CFH) is a locally owned and governed not-for-profit healthcare system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of healthcare services in the region. CFH provides services to Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at The Villages® Regional Hospital (TVRH) and Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC), inpatient rehabilitation services at TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital, geriatric-psychiatry services at the LRMC Senior Behavioral Health Center and diagnostic laboratory services at several locations. As a premier healthcare provider, CFH takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve. To learn more, visit www.CentralFloridaHealth.org.
LinkedIn Job Matching
Use your LinkedIn profile to find a match in our jobs. Match now »Start Matching >