Risk Manager, RNDate posted Aug. 22, 2019 Job ID 14320 The Villages, Florida, United States Facility/Department The Villages Regional Hospital/Risk Management Shift Full-Time, 8 hr day shift, 40.00 Schedule Full-Time Apply Apply Later
Who We Are:
Central Florida Health (CFH) is a locally owned and governed not-for-profit healthcare system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of healthcare services in the region. CFH provides services to Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at The Villages® Regional Hospital (TVRH) and Leesburg Regional Medical Center (LRMC), inpatient rehabilitation services at TVRH Rehabilitation Hospital, geriatric-psychiatry services at the LRMC Senior Behavioral Health Center and diagnostic laboratory services at several locations. As a premier healthcare provider, CFH takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve. To learn more, visit www.CentralFloridaHealth.org.
Position Title: Risk Manager, RN
- Under the direction of the CFH Director of Risk Management, the RN Risk Manager will actively participate in risk identification, evaluation and analysis, regulatory compliance, loss prevention, patient relations, quality/safety/organizational improvement/risk initiatives, and risk-focused education. Related functions:
- Receive, process, and maintain reports of patient and visitor events, complaints, and grievances. identifying opportunities for organizational learning. Track and trend. Respond to patient grievances within 7 calendar days per CMS guidelines. Manage promptly assault allegation and/or sexual allegation following the steps as provided by FS 395.0197.
- Facilitate and enhance relations between patients, family, visitors and the general public with CFH and its affiliated organizations, physicians, team members/leaders, physicians and auxiliary.
- Assist in Facilitating onsite regulatory/accreditation survey activities, e.g., Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA), Department of Child and Family services (DCF, APS), Department of Health (DOH), The Joint Commission (TJC), and other agencies as assigned. Under the supervision of the Director prepare post-visit responses and corrections.
- Work closely with leaders and team members in identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing risk reduction strategies, actively participating in organizational quality, safety, and improvement initiatives.
- Assist in investigation of potentially compensable events and asserted claims (as requested).
- Gather statistics and prepare reports of risk-related events/activities as requested – using track and trend, and categories of events by type and frequency. .
- Develop appropriate measures based on input from the involved department team tominimize the risk of adverse incidents to patients
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis as needed
- Advance risk management by maintaining open communications and productive relationships with its internal and external customers.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- CPHRM preferred
- Special Skills/Qualifications/Additional Training/Experience Required
- Training: Medical terminology; Paralegal/Liability Insurance or other applicable training required. Completion of Risk Management course within one year of hire or transfer to the department. Completed apprenticeship if not a clinician, determined by the Director.
- Special Skills/Qualifications: Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and above average computer skills with accuracy and speed. Able to use and learn the MIDAS reporting System.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
LinkedIn Job Matching
Use your LinkedIn profile to find a match in our jobs. Match now »Start Matching >